Companion Care is a non-medical service that can be customized and tailored to fit an individual and their needs. It is a service that can be applied at home or while out in the community. In general terms, companion care spans both the social and physical care of an individual. The goal of companion care as a service is to:
- Provide emotional support
- Improve the quality of life
- Provide companionship
Companion Care tasks that we commonly provide as part of this service include, but are limited to:
- Assistance with shopping/errands, gardening, home projects, bathing, mobility, meal planning and preparation.
- Providing medication prompts/reminders, conversation opportunities, and incidental transportation.
- Monitoring personal safety and dietary needs as well as accompaniment to doctor’s visits.